Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Beginning of the Kane series

Hey there!!! In Cap's Reading Corner, I will be talking about books that many of you may not have heard of or are reading. I will give my opinion of the book, so think of it as a review. Actually, techniquely, it is a review. Anyways, I just finished reading a book called The Red Pyramid. It talks about two sibilings, who have nothing in common with each other, and their fight to keep choas out of the world. In this story, there is a lot of history on Egyptian gods, which makes it only more interesting. The kids find out that they are actually magicians and that many want to kill them because they have a big secret, which I am not going to tell you. An evil god named Set (they all have weird or intersting names) wants to put a large amount of choas into the world, but its not all his fault. Read the book and find out why ;-) . Anyways, The Red Pyramid, is a fascinating story which has a different topic from everything else that i have read. It has no vampires or werewolves. It does have magic but its Egyptian magic. This is one of the best books I've read all year (except for one or two) and I would give it a 4 out of 5. I would defenitly recommend this book who are interested in magic or Egypt, because even though its a fantasy book, every fact in there is real. Enjoy!
Cap

No comments:

Post a Comment